Who holidays in a campotel?
I was recently asked by someone who had never experienced a campotel holiday, “Who is this type of holiday actually for?” And it got me thinking about the different types of families, couples and groups I have met over the years doing this job; as well as thinking back to my summer holidays as a child. You know what I discovered, that this type of holiday is pretty much suitable for anyone who enjoys being on holiday- and who doesn’t like being on holiday?! Don’t believe me, well read on…..
Family with Young Children
- If the thought of long haul travel with your precious cargo fills you with dread, then the Vendee is the ideal destination. Located only 4 hours from the over night ferry ports of St Malo and Le Havre, it’s an easy and stress free drive down to the West Coast.
- In May and June the weather is fine and warm, without being too hot for little ones, but still warm enough to play at the beach or lie by the pool.
- The facilities at Chateau La Foret are perfect for keeping young children entertained. With a covered children’s pool featuring slides (and outdoor sunbathing area for parents!), a mini farm with goats, chickens and ponies, a play park and indoor play area (should you be caught in a freak rain shower)- your little ones will never be short of something to do.
- At Votre Vacances we know that holidaying with young children also means bringing along the paraphernalia, so we’ve made it easier by providing a Baby Pack that contains all the essentials, including cot, high chair and potty!
Family with School aged children
- The Vendee has a micro-climate that rivals that of the Riviera, which means there’s endless opportunities for your children to enjoy all the outdoor activities on offer at la Chateau, including the swimming pools, mini-golf, tennis, and bouncy castle.
- If your children still have the energy then Chateau La Foret is also home to zip wire treetop adventure courses, paintballing and pony trekking.
- Situated in the courtyard next to the bar and restaurant is the indoor games room, which features arcade classics and pool table too.
- Still not convinced your children will find something to keep them entertained, the site runs daily children’s activities that include everything from sporting events to arts and crafts.
- The campotel holiday is ideal for teenagers who are looking for independence, but in a safe and secure environment.
- La Chateau also features an “Adult Pool”, perfect for your teenagers to get some space from immature kids (!), as well as nightly entertainment at the bar including disco; where they can be the DJ, as well as karaoke…..
- If they aren’t sold by now, how about the onsite take-away which provides pizza, chips and ice cream!
- In July and August there is also a high contingency of British families with cool teenagers desperately looking for equally cool teenagers to lounge by the pool with.
- Throw in the possibility of them having their OWN bedroom in our mobile homes, and you might* have one pretty happy teen on your hands. (*they are teenagers, we can’t guarantee absolute happiness!)
- Thanks to an Adult only pool- the site is perfect for lounging in the sun, or a quick dip to cool off, without being splashed by children!
- The site also has plenty of activities to keep adults entertained too, including fishing lake and tennis court.
- La Chateau also caters for its adults by providing daily entertainment including water aerobics, cooking classes and the traditional pub quiz.
- If you’re a bit of a foodie, then the onsite restaurant also serves traditional fare, washed down perfectly with a local glass of red.